About Davenport Architects
In 1995 we began our small, full service architectural firm with a commitment to deliver value: fresh ideas, insight, creative problem solving, and the experience necessary to complete projects within your budget.
We believe that a home is part of a neighborhood. Its design should weave into the architectural fabric of the community as well as reflect our client’s personality. A custom home should not feel overwhelming on its lot. It should be a good neighbor. Further, we believe that an addition should not look like an addition.
Our services are uncommon:
- We are a husband and wife team and collaborate on all of our projects
- Our home-based office allows us to limit overhead and offer competitive fees
- We can recommend a project budget at an initial consultation
- Our drawings are well detailed and include specifications
- We distribute the drawings to contractors for bidding, review the bids and negotiate project pricing, frequently saving our clients thousands of dollars
- We apply for permits concurrent with the bidding process
- We write the agreement you sign with the contractor so that your interests are represented as well as the contractor’s
- We are available for field inspections and help guard against excessive change orders
- We stay with you from the very beginning to the completed end
The Davenport family, Downers Grove
What Clients Say about Davenport Architects
Mike came up with a design for our home addition that is both functional and attractive. He did a nice job of blending the old with the new, and worked well within the criteria we laid out given existing landscaping and structures.
Mike is wonderfully talented…He’s easy to work with, listens to your wants/needs and delivers perfect plans. I highly recommend Mike for any job, big or small.
Mike not only provided architectural services, but also acted as our owner’s rep on the project, overseeing the general contractor and the quality of the sub’s work before we would make a draw payment. I have recommended Mike numerous times and all my friends have been extremely satisfied with their results as well.
We engaged Mike and Shelly to come up with a way to not just remodel our home, but transform it…Their design created a beautiful synergy between our home, our land, and our neighborhood. You know you did something right when all the neighbors tell you they love it, too. Mike’s understanding of the building codes, and the incredible detail they included in the plans, allowed contractors to provide accurate bids and build our home without any issues. And to top it all off, Mike and Shelly are just really nice people who treat every project as if it’s their own.